Monday, April 24, 2006

Revelation

Lately I have felt like the only parent in this family unit.. as James works so much. However as we were having an argument this weekend I realized.. while I might not feel like he is honoring me, or uplifing me. I am not honoring him, I am not providing a home that he feels welcome in. So this week I will be purging the house, esp our bedroom.. and trying better to keep it clean. I will spend 1 hour a day on a room in the house to get it deep cleaned.. then spend 20 minutes everyday to keep it that way.

That is my goal.. and any prayer support is welcome to help me achive it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going through those feelings here!! I've been down about dh not being home to help with the kids,for him expecting me to come help in the chicken house every day after I'm wore out from babysitting and then he won't help with the housework. But then I realized that it's not so much the extra work I'm having to do that is wrong, rather it's my attitude. I'm his helpmeet, not the other way around. It may not seem *fair* to be the wife/mother, but getting angry or bitter about it or neglecting my home is not the way to make things better!! I can't expect him to respect my efforts at home when all he comes home to is a grouchy, sloppy woman in the midst of a messy house! So honey, I will be praying for you, maybe we can pray for each other!

kandi said...

yeah.. glad someone understands..I'll be praying for you Amy.